Documents Needed in Applying For The Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Passport & SSS (US EMBASSY IN COSTA RICA)
by: Robelyn Martinez Yambao
This is Robelyn once again and welcome back to my personal website. I'm glad you are here to read info about reporting the birth of your baby abroad. This is only one of my experiences living here in Costa Rica that I wanna share to all of you to give you guys guidance especially if you are also staying here in this beautiful country.
What are the documents needed?
Today, our topic is to prepare your documents for the application of CRBA, passport and SSS card of your American baby. My daughter was born here in Costa Rica last year so, technically she is a Costa Rican. But, her dad is American and he can transmit the US citizenship by applying CRBA at the US embassy here in Costa Rica personally together with me as mother of the child. So, both of us will go to the US embassy for the interview. To do that, you need to gather all the required documents such as the following:
* The application forms found in their website
* Birth certificate of the child
* Birth certificate of the american parent, passport, driver's license ID or any government IDs
* Passport and any national IDs of the non-american parent
* A letter from the physician or midwife or the director of the public hospital stating the pertinent facts of the birth
* Marriage certificate
* Divorce decrees or termination of previous marriages (if any)
* Any physical presence evidence like government tax, military service, employment certificate, school records, college transcript, etc.
* Passport size photo of the baby
* Payment of $215
For more detailed instructions, please visit the US embassy website and print out a copy of the instructions.
Watch my video below on how I prepare our documents:
If you like this video, hit the like button below or share this to others if you think they need this information. Thank you!
Go Back To "Costa Rica" Page
SUPPORT MY JOURNEY
A licensed teacher in the Philippines who shifted her career into another direction to follow her passion to be a blogger. Her blogs are related in traveling and simple living as an expat in a foreign land.